The treasure hunt

I see vintage advertisements as an art piece. In the old times, advertisements were done manually, with hands, ink, and paper. So that is why i highly appreciate them. The ads tend to be full with illustrations & words which makes it more upfront and explicit. That is why it's always fun to pay attention to a single old ad. It's just like reading out of a story book. The other extra factor that grabbed my heart is that "happiness" and "funny" feeling they try to channel through the illustrations.The characters were always illustrated in a happy gesture, as if it pictures how they felt with the brand.

I do remember my dad getting home bringing some framed old ads. I couldn't remember where he got it because it was a pretty long time ago. From that moment, i realized that a piece of ad was highly appreciated and turns out to be a form of everlasting art. 
Ads these days tend to turn 180 degrees, where the great ads are actually the simple implicit ones. While the highly animated colorful ads with taglines that kinda sounds like "hungry? eat me!" or "use me to be pretty" ends up to be just an ad. I don't think i'll have the idea to hang them up on my walls. 
But the digital advertising era tend to also wow me. I guess it's more challenging to control technology rather than controlling your own hands. I was highly grateful that i have been "investing" some technology skills (read: photoshop skills) way before it hit me, realizing me that this skill will somehow become handy.
I try to upgrade them by learning more, from some of the experts. The more i learn, the more challenging it gets.
Nowadays, people were made to "think more". It is clearly seen in how great ads were made. The simpler and the more implicit an ad gets, the greater it is. And that drives people to think more. The complexity of an ad is not formed in its visualization anymore, but in its un-visualizedd message (that we have to figure out ourselves) and the whole process of creating the ad itself. So it's just like a treasure hunt game!

 Esprit turtle neck top // Martiga floral shorts // Dnc Hologram shoes // Hens Necklace // Vintage hat // Vintage bag

Speaking of treasure hunt, this whole old books setting reminds me of a library scene in the National Treasure movie! I really fascinate super old architectures and interiors, just like old library buildings.The dull colors combination of the books are just so... genuine. The victorian era inspired carves, the cracking sound of old wooden floor, the smell and texture of old lusty books, and the silence that deepens our minds into the books.
I don't know why i adore the atmosphere and objects of old eras so much. Perhaps because it was so different than all of these modern technologies i "eat" everyday that makes it very peculiar. That's it, peculiar.

4 feedbacks:

Unknown said...

Whoa I just know that you are in the same faculty and major with me. Are you interested to choose Advertising for your major in college? That would be challenging! :)

Nice to know you Sabila Anata,
TNTY

follow me on
http://cintntysr.blogspot.com/
http://instagram.com/ctantyasr

Unknown said...

You have a wonderful blog!! <3

Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know!! :)

Keep in touch
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

Anonymous said...

i think you need to wax your legs, just saying.

Delia Salsabila said...

Love your shoes x

http://deliasalsabila.blogspot.com/